Kashmiri Kesar! World's Best Saffron
A unique spice grown in the stunning region of Kashmir, India, is called Kashmiri Saffron, also known as Kashmiri Kesar. It's like a great ingredient that gives our food and beverages color, flavor, and even health advantages.
What is Kashmiri Saffron?
Imagine a tiny thread with a deep red color, a lovely smell, and a taste that's both sweet and earthy. That's Kashmiri saffron! It is famous all around the world because it one of the best type of saffron you can find.
Cooking with Kashmiri Saffron
Kashmiri saffron is not an ordinary spice. It's like a kitchen superstar because it makes food taste great and look pretty. We use it in various ways like this :
- you can cook delicious biryanis by adding a pinch of saffron to biryani and it turns the rice into a lovely shade of yellow and add rich and warm flavour.
- Pulao becomes extra tasty with sprinkle of saffron. Its like sunshine in a bowl.
- Many desserts like kheer and phirni become even more delicious with a hint of kashmiri kesar
kashmiri kesar for Good Health
But Kashmiri saffron isn't just about making our food amazing. It's also good for our health! Here are some ways it can help us:
- Antioxidant Power: Saffron is like a superhero that fights off bad things called "free radicals" in our bodies. It keeps us healthy and strong.
- Happy Mood: Sometimes, we all feel a bit down.Best Kashmiri saffron can help improve our mood and make us feel happier.
- Less Pain and Inflammation: If you have a sore body, saffron might help you feel better. It can reduce pain and inflammation, like when your joints hurt.
- Maybe It Fights Cancer: Some smart scientists are studying saffron to see if it can stop cancer from growing. We need more research, but it's an exciting possibility!
- Sharper Brain: Saffron might be good for our brains, especially as we get older. It could help us think better and remember things more easily.
- Happy Eyes: Our eyes are precious, and saffron might protect them from getting sick as we age.
- Tummy Troubles: If your tummy feels upset, saffron can help soothe it. It's like a gentle hug for your belly.
Saffron's Home in Kashmir
Kashmir is a place known for its breathtaking beauty also famous for kashmiri kesar. It's here in the region of Pampore, not far from the capital city of Srinagar, where saffron fields stretch like a colorful carpet. When it's saffron blooming time, the fields become a wonderland of purple saffron crocus flowers.
The saffron crocus flowers are where all the magic happens. Each flower has three tiny red stigmas inside. These are the saffron threads. They are so delicate that they have to be picked by hand, and each flower gives only a few precious threads.
Finding the World's Best Saffron
Choosing the best saffron can be a bit like searching for treasure. Different places in the world are famous for growing excellent saffron. Some of them are:
- Kashmir, India: Kashmiri saffron is like a bright jewel. It's known for its deep red color, unique flavor, and lovely smell.
- Iran: Iran is a big saffron producer. The saffron from Iran is famous for its strong flavor, amazing smell, and rich red color.
- Spain: In Spain, especially in La Mancha, they grow saffron with a wonderful taste. It's famous for its quality.
- Greece: Greek saffron from places like Kozani is highly regarded for its strong smell, rich color, and fantastic flavor.
When you're looking for the best saffron, think about the color, smell, taste, and make sure it's real saffron from a trusted place.
The Mysterious Kashmiri Saffron Kehwa
Imagine sipping a warm, fragrant, and comforting drink on a cold winter day. That's what Kashmiri Saffron Kehwa is all about. It's a traditional drink from Kashmir that warms you up from the inside.
- Green tea leaves or loose green tea (the Kashmiri kind)
- Kashmiri saffron threads
- Cardamom pods
- Cinnamon stick
- A sweetener like sugar, honey, or rock sugar
- Chopped almonds or other nuts (if you like)
- A tiny bit of rosewater (if you want a flowery flavour)
Why is saffron so expensive?
You might be keen to know why saffron is one of the priciest spices available. here are some points for explanation :
- Hand-Picked: Saffron threads are so tiny and they have to be picked by hand from the flowers. It's a lot of work and they have to be picked by hand from the flowers.
- Low Yield: Each saffron flower gives only a few threads,and it takes thousands of flowers to make a small amount of saffron.
- Delicate: Saffron flowers are delicate and need gentle care. They can't be touched too much, or the threads might break.
- Quality Matters: The best saffron has a rich color, fantastic flavor, and a strong smell. Getting saffron to be this good takes extra care and attention.
- Limited Areas: Saffron needs a special climate to grow, so it's only produced in a few places in the world
Buy best kashmiri kesar at Click Kashmir